Wednesday, December 22, 2010

2010 GOALS AND DREAMS FOR THE NEW YEAR

At this time of the year, I often make plans for achieving goals for the year to come and look back at the year coming to an end.    It is good to reflect on the year’s accomplishments, its special moments and the fun that was had.  This year I went white-water rafting for the first time and had a total blast.   I cannot remember laughing so hard and being so scared all at the same time.   It definitely will not be the last time I go.   We spent time in Myrtle Beach to celebrate our eldest’s last year of high school and moving on to University.   Watching the dolphins play in the ocean is always so exciting and never ceases to amaze me.

For the year ahead, I have some courses booked to take, some courses booked to teach, and some courses that I am in the process of writing.   My eldest just started her own business, so it will be fun watching her grown and develop as an entrepreneur.  When her website is up I will post a link so everyone can see and hopefully support her growth.

My home staging and organizing business has the potential for greatness and I am putting all the plans in place to make that soar.   This week I am working on my Executive Summary for my business plan.   At my age, it is fun to see new things on the horizon and I am all for life-long learning and development.  

For the New Year, I am putting directly into my planner, time with my girlfriends, time for DH so we can reconnect regularly, and individual time with my daughters.   I know now that the year will slip away before I can blink.   It is important to make sure that those I love get top billing in my month.  

On the home front, big projects include redoing my linen closet.   We have done a lot of work in the house the past few years so I am hoping this project will be a great organizational tool without breaking the bank!  The other thing that needs some attention is the front entrance.   The vinyl floor needs replacing and with that comes a snowball effect of replacing closet doors, then since the floor goes into the powder room, it would likely be a smart time to replace the vanity and the toilet...then I know myself and will want to change the light fixture and the mirror!   I will leave this project until summer at the earliest.

If any of you need assistance with a specific organizing project or just do not know where to get started, please feel free to email me and I will do my best to help.   You can also check out the LVSonline site and sign up for the Organize Your Life course.   LVS only charges $30.00 per student which is astounding to me!  LVSonline is such a terrific deal and so many courses to choose from.

Check out the LVSonline blog for the newest course offerings in January