Friday, October 18, 2013

Menu Planning - Two Quick and Easy Methods to Maximize Your Time & Fill Your Freezer!



I love to do bulk cooking, it saves me a ton of time, a lot of money and I am not left scratching my head each night wondering what to make for dinner.     


If I make Chili, I make a lot of chili (A LOT) and freeze it into family sized and individual meals.   I make egg-rolls once or twice a year and make hundreds…it takes all day but then the job is done.   

Then, the following week I might take another day to make Chinese Dumplings and again, I make a ton.    It is almost never that I make just one of a meal.   I really do not like cooking enough to have to come up with new ideas each night. I find it a waste of my time and would sooner double up on my efforts.  Meatloaf, make 3, freeze two, cook one.  Are you following me?


One of the other time savers I use when it comes to meal planning is put the meat I buy at butcher store, directly into freezer bags.   I then add whatever sauce or marinade I am using, chop the veggies and toss them into the bag as well.   After that, they all go into the freezer.   



It is now, crock-pot or oven ready - all I have to do is thaw and cook!   Preparing my meat as soon as I come in from grocery shopping also saves me having to put most of the groceries away, I just mix the ingredients, pour it into the bags and the job is done.  A few minutes of prep on grocery day saves me hours during the week.   Love it!!!

If you would like more information on how to maximize your time and productivity, we would be happy to help!   Adventures In Organizing.ca works with clients in the Ottawa area or virtually around the world.

We would love to hear from you!