Thursday, April 4, 2013

Q is for Quiet - Finding Quiet Amidst the Chaos

                                         
When was the last time you just sat in the quiet.   No television, no Facebook, no radio, just quiet?

I live life at a pretty frantic pace these days and do not take as much time as I would like to just “be still” and listen for the glory and peace that can be found in silence.

Personally,  I find that time just being still relaxes me and allows me to focus in on what is really important.   I use this time to try and push away all the nonsense that the day, the week, the month or the year has thrown at me and re-prioritize.   

Sometimes, we just have one of those years where life just seems to hammer away at us – having a quiet time helps to refocus and relax amidst the chaos of day-to-day living.  

For me, being the spiritual gal that I am, having a dedicated quiet time allows me the opportunity to be alone with God and quiet myself to see where he may lead me through the day.    I tend to get wound up in the details and often find being still helps me take in the "big picture".

Try finding just 10 minutes in  in your week this week, to “be still” and listen to what your inner voice is telling you.   If you are not in the habit of finding time to absorb the quiet,  I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the calm that can be found in just doing nothing, being still and absorbing the quiet.

Jennifer